Re: [O] Agenda buffer and relative links

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda buffer and relative links
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 14:26:44 -0500

address@hidden (François Pinard) writes:

> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> that has been posted to gmane.emacs.orgmode as well.

Hmph, I now wonder if the link is bidirectional, and if messages posted
to gmane.emacs.orgmode actually end up on address@hidden  I'm
repeating it all below, quoted.  (Would someone be kind enough to tell
me if it was seen on the mailing list?)

A good solution imposed itself to my mind, a few minutes ago.  I do not
know how easy to implement it would be however.

The real problem is that relative links within the agenda buffer are
interpreted relative to the directory (M-x pwd) of the agenda buffer.
Happily enough, each line of the agenda buffer is somehow associated
with the buffer it comes from.  Links within the agenda should be
interpreted relative to the base directory of the buffer they come from,
rather than from the agenda buffer itself.

François