Re: [O] text background when exporting as HTML

From: David Rogoff
Subject: Re: [O] text background when exporting as HTML
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 13:16:16 -0800

Hi all.

I'm using orgmode for outlines and documentation.  Since no one else I
work with does this, I export to HTML which generally works
fine. However, I've got a problem with embedded code samples using
#+BEGIN_SRC / #+END_SRC.   The faces for the source code are set up
for a black background.  The exported HTML picked up the face colors,
but the background is white, so they're mostly unreadable.  Is there a
(hopefully simple) way to tell the HTML export to specify a black
background for these blocks?

FYI, emacs 23.3.1, REH Linux, orgmode 7.5

Thanks,

 David
Check out the info manual: (org) CSS support
This might be the easiest way.
-- : Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1

Thanks Eric.  I searched around the mailing list archives and found this:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/19605/focus=19633

I just added this to the beginning of my org file and it works great:

#+STYLE:    <style> pre { background-color: #191919 } pre { color:#00FF00 } </style>

This matches the colors I use for the default font in emacs.

 David