Re: [O] Capitalisation and good taste ?

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Capitalisation and good taste ?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:49:44 +0100

Hi Bastien,

François Pinard wrote:
> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> That said I'm happy that Org-mode is forgiving enough to allow me to
>>> lowercase most of my keywords locally.
>
>> Actually, I'm thinking of another solution:
>
>> - keep one-line option/environment keywords uppercase
>>   #+NAME
>>   #+HTML
>>   #+TITLE
>>   #+...
>
>> - use lowercase for multi-lines environments keywords
>>   #+begin_ascii
>>   #+begin_html
>>   #+results
>
>> This is the only good criterium I can think of, and that
>> way people using easy templates will not be surprised to
>> see #+begin_xxx in the manual.
>
> I surely like this! :-).

So do I.

> Could the highlighting be made consistent as well?  I would suggest that
> gray is uniformly kept for all one-line option/environment keywords.
> Currently, #+TITLE is gray, #+OPTIONS is red, so #+OPTION would be
> rendered the same as #+TITLE.  The gray would counter-balance the
> shouting of the capitals, making it more bearable.
>
> For lowercase multi-line environments keywords, red is just fine, and I
> did not see exceptions so far (which does not mean there are not any).

François,

Are you talking of a dark theme or light theme?  Did you take a look at Emacs
color themes, and their customization for Org?  See, for example, mine at
http://orgmode.org/worg/color-themes-screenshot.html#sec-1-4 [1].

In that page, you'll find:

- 6 dark themes
- 1 gray theme
- 1 light theme

Best regards,
  Seb

Footnotes:

[1] I should update my color-theme code and screenshot on Worg, as my color
theme has varied over the last months.

--
Sebastien Vauban