Re: [O] Capitalisation and good taste ?

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] Capitalisation and good taste ?
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:15:22 -0500

"Sebastien Vauban" writes:
> François Pinard wrote:
>> Bastien writes:
>>> Eric Schulte writes:

>> Could the highlighting be made consistent as well?  I would suggest that
>> gray is uniformly kept for all one-line option/environment keywords.
>> Currently, #+TITLE is gray, #+OPTIONS is red, so #+OPTION would be
>> rendered the same as #+TITLE.  The gray would counter-balance the
>> shouting of the capitals, making it more bearable.

> François, Are you talking of a dark theme or light theme?

I do not know, as I do not use themes.  The background is white, if this
is what you mean.

So, I'm merely speaking about Org mode defaults.  My suggestion is that
the default for #+ lines to be consistent (and if it cannot be for some
reason, that these reasons be stated somewhere in the manual).

> Did you take a look at Emacs color themes, and their customization for
> Org?

Following your suggestion, I just took a quick look.  This is far too
complex for my humble needs.  It seems that using themes is opening the
door for a lot of further customization, and I have too much of it
already.

François

P.S. For the record, I have been a long and deep user of Emacs for maybe
15 years (I have fuzzy memory of times), and with years passing by, have
grown a huge, insane Emacs customization (Gnus in particular).  So, I
decided to break out of the addiction (it has been real hard to do so,
then heal!), and switched to Vim, maybe 10 years ago.  I also have other
reasons (http://icule.blogspot.com/2003/12/thoughts-on-editors.html,
section 1).  Org mode was so appealing that I returned to Emacs
recently, but I promised myself that this time through, I will strongly
resist customization bloat.  As I have a lot already for Org mode, I
have to put breaks somewhere!  :-)