Re: [O] Captions for src and example blocks

From: Christian Wittern
Subject: Re: [O] Captions for src and example blocks
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 10:00:51 +0900

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your answer.
On 2012-01-14 17:43, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,

Christian Wittern<address@hidden>  writes:

There was a thread last April about a way to introduce captions and
labels to src and example blocks (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-04/msg00877.html).
  Now I would like to use captions in a similar way, but not just for
LaTex, but also for the ODT export.  So a generic org-mode solution
would be much more helpful. I wonder if somebody has any idea about
how to achieve this.
The new export engine has support for captions and labels for almost any
element, through the use of affiliated keywords. Thus, the following
special block will have ":caption" and ":name" properties attached to
it:
It seems that the current LaTeX and ODT backends do not support this out of the box, also there is no word of this in the manual, so I assume it is still experimental?
[..]

Now, it doesn't mean that it will do anything during export, as
back-ends can choose to make use of those properties or ignore them.

With regards to the previous special block, the e-latex back-end
currently makes use of the :name property, but ignore the :caption one.
Though it's not hard to support this by modifying accordingly the
`org-e-latex-special-block' function.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is e-latex? Is that different from the standard Latex export called with C-c C-e l?

Christian

--
Christian Wittern, Kyoto