Re: [O] byte-code: Error (org-odt): Cannot find factory styles files. Ab

From: Johnny
Subject: Re: [O] byte-code: Error (org-odt): Cannot find factory styles files. Aborting.
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 11:54:58 +0000

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Johnny <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just upgraded to org-mode 7.8.03 (from 7.6) and now get this error
>> message when trying to use the org-odt converter. With version 7.6, I used
>> org-odt from contrib and that worked fine, so what is the reason for
>> this error?
>>
>> I did see another post about this about installing "style files", but
>> what are these and how do I install them?
>
> It looks like one of your installation step is non-standard. There is an
> easy workaround available but I would like to make sure that org-odt
> auto-configures itself with minimal user intervention.
>
> Please provide me information on
> - how you downloaded the Org (git? tar file? elpa?)

I pulled the latest git version.

> - how did you compile. Did you do a make? Did you change the Makefile at
>   all?
> - how did you install. Did you do a make install?

Make on unmodified Makefile, manually moved to /usr/local/share direcory.

> - What OS/Distrib are you using

Fedora 16.

> Do you see debug messages from the org-odt module in the *Messages*
> buffer. They will look something similar to this - one for schema files
> and one for styles files.
>
> ,----
> | Debug (org-odt): Searching for OpenDocument styles files...
> | Debug (org-odt): Trying c:/Documents and Settings/kjambunathan/My
> Documents/My Data/src/org-mode/etc/styles/...
> | Debug (org-odt): Using styles under c:/Documents and
> Settings/kjambunathan/My Documents/My Data/src/org-mode/etc/styles/
> `----

Debug (org-odt): Searching for OpenDocument styles files...
Debug (org-odt): Trying /usr/local/share/emacs/etc/styles/...
Debug (org-odt): Trying /usr/local/share/emacs/org-mode/etc/styles/...
Debug (org-odt): Trying /usr/share/emacs/23.3/etc/org/...
byte-code: Error (org-odt): Cannot find factory styles files. Aborting.

Maybe I should tell org-odt to search for a libreoffice directory
instead?

--
Johnny