Re: [O] [BUG] Inconsistency in src block hiding

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Inconsistency in src block hiding
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 21:26:31 -0500

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> The attached patch entirely removes the #+name and #+results based
>>> hiding.  Note that the existing "wrap" argument to the ":results" header
>>> argument will wrap results in a block which allows easy tab-based result
>>> hiding.
>>>
>>> As this is a relatively large change I hesitate to apply it outright,
>>> although I do agree that it leads to simpler more consistent behavior.
>>> If general consensus seems to support the application of this patch then
>>> I will be happy to apply it.
>>
>> Has there been any more feedback on this?
>>
>> Erik, is it safe to apply the patch or shall we wait more?
>>

> I've received no more feedback on this patch.  It should be safe as it
> adds no new code but simply removes some questionable code.  I will
> apply this patch now.
>
> Best,

So I'm (very) late to this party...  but today I decided to track down
why I can't hide my PlantUML graphics with TAB anymore... and it's this
commit:

commit 8a8a56c27715740053d8a7ea2ba6411b781a22f1
Author: Eric Schulte <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon Nov 28 00:43:35 2011 -0700

    remove #+name and #+result hiding

    Given that arbitrary regions may already be hidden using a drawer the
    ability to hide any named entity is redundant.  In addition the name
    based hiding does not mix well with other keywords.

    Thanks to Nicolas Goaziou for raising this issue and suggesting the
    removal of #+name based hiding.

I actually miss being able to hide single (large) activity diagrams at
work since they tend to be larger than my screen when displayed in
Emacs.  I can use M-x org-toggle-inline-images but that works globally
on all images at once.

Is there an easy way to wrap my resulting PlantUML images so I can use
TAB to hide them - or is this not supported anymore?

I tried :results wrap but that didn't work for me.  If I add RESULTS to
my list of drawers then I can hide the block with TAB but I can't export
my diagrams to HTML anymore which isn't very satisfying.

Is there still a way to hide results output with the current master?

Regards,
Bernt