[O] [ODT] image scaling overridden by long caption

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [O] [ODT] image scaling overridden by long caption
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:52:37 +0100

Hi all,

I experience unexpected behaviour with the excellent odt exporter in case of
included images.
When I add a #+caption the text width of that caption overrides the
specified image width (#ATTR_ODT: :witdh X), which I use to downscale
the image in the odt.
Especially if that caption will span across multiple lines, that effect
is visible.

Here is the example:

* odt image test
  #+caption: foo
  #+ATTR_ODT: :width 8
  #+header: :file foo.png
  #+header: :width 3600 :height 3600 :res 600
  #+begin_src R :exports results :results graphics
    plot(1:100, 1:100)
  #+end_src

  #+caption: foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
foo foo foo
  #+ATTR_ODT: :width 8
  #+header: :file foo.png
  #+header: :width 3600 :height 3600 :res 600
  #+begin_src R :exports results :results graphics
    plot(1:100, 1:100)
  #+end_src

I'd expect the image scaling to take place in either case.  Maybe even
the caption should wrap at the specified width.

On a related note:  Could I place two (correctly scaled) images
side-by-side?

Regards,
Andreas