Re: [O] [bug] Tables in lists not exported to ODT

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Tables in lists not exported to ODT
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 20:42:12 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
> By the way, I was surprised, upon reading your comments in the git log,
> that OpenDocument doesn't support tables within lists.  This seems like
> a silly restriction?  Given that OpenDocument uses XML for its encoding,
> I would have thought that a hierarchical structure in a document would
> be trivial to represent.  Do you know what the reasoning was?  Just
> curious!

You would have to read the DTD for OpenDocument, but I would guess that
this is similar to the distinction between block-level and inline
elements in XHTML.  In fact it is exactly the hierarchical nature of
the definition that makes it possible to prevent the inclusion of higher
level elements as sub-elements of their children.

Regards,
Achim.