Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 21:50:09 +0100

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> I think there might be a problem with the regular expression for
> captions on line 703 or org-e-latex.el.  I have a dim understanding of
> regular expressions and the various parsers, but I suspect the problem
> is in this part: [^][].
>
> At any rate, this input:
> #+CAPTION: [An example photograph]{An example photograph}.
> #+LABEL: fig:photo

The regexp isn't the problem here. But this all means that I'm breaking
a golden rule: never parse something already parsed.

Anyway, I have switched caption keyword to the dual keywords
category. That means is syntax is now like results keywords' which can
have an optional string (a hash in this case) before their main value.

To put it simply, caption syntax can now be:

                          #+caption: long name
                         #+caption[]: long name
                    #+caption[short name]: long name

much like

                         #+results[hash]: name

Though,

                         #+caption[something]:

is equivalent to no caption since the main value is mandatory.

As a side note, #+label has been deprecated in favor of #+name (though
the former is immediately translated into the latter at parse time).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou