Re: [O] LaTeX export: Keep point position in TeX file

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export: Keep point position in TeX file
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:50:23 +0000

Michael Bach <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If so, I suggest you could achieve what you want by using the
>> org-export-* hooks to, for instance, save current position before export
>> and then jump to that position after export?  Maybe
>> org-export-first-hook and org-export-latex-final-hook could be used?
>>

> Thanks for your thoughts on this and sorry for being late to reply.  I

No problem!

> stumbled upon your reply and have tried it today with this:

[...]

> The switching to latex file works, but `(goto-char temppoint)' does not
> - for a reason I do not understand.  The only benefit of this is that

I do not understand either.  Putting in some (message ...) lines, it is
trying to (goto-char ...) to the right place in the buffer but that goto
doesn't seem to have any effect.

Have you looked at the code in org that actually invokes that hook to
see if maybe position is being changed afterwards?

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.206.g10b06)