[O] problem with orgstruct/outline-minor-mode with indented headlines

From: David Rogoff
Subject: [O] problem with orgstruct/outline-minor-mode with indented headlines
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:47:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all.

I'm still trying to get orgstruct to work right. One thing I found is that I
was
getting confused with outline-magic which set up outline-minor-mode-map but not
orgstruct-mode-map.  I'm working inside verilog-mode, which uses the same "//"
comment as c.  So I defined outline-regexp:

(setq outline-regexp "\\s-*// [*]+ ")  ;; any line that starts with "// "
(possibly preceeded with whitespace) and some number of stars and a space

This works fine. I needed the whitespace in front since verilog-mode indents
comments along with code.

The problem is when I run org-cycle on a headline.  The following headline ends
up on the same line (also in outline-minor-mode).

For example, in plain org mode I have this:

* head 1
** head 2
*** head 3
    head 3 text
    head 3 text
** head 2b
   head 2b text
   head 2b text

I now run org-cycle on headline "head 2" and it looks like this:

* head 1
** head 2...
** head 2b
   head 2b text
   head 2b text

p.s. - is there a way to copy/export exactly what the collapse buffer looks
like?  I had to manually create this since copy/paste of the text includes the
hidden parts.

If I change to verlog-mode with orgstruct minor mode and add "// " at the
beginning of headlines, everything is still good:

// * head 1
// ** head 2
// *** head 3
    head 3 text
    head 3 text
// ** head 2b
   head 2b text
   head 2b text

and

// * head 1
// ** head 2
// ** head 2b
   head 2b text
   head 2b text

Where it breaks is the case of indented comments:

// * module declaration
module a (
          // * ports
          // ** inputs
          input  b,
          input  c,
          // ** outputs
          output d,
          output e
          );

   // module code
   assign d = b & c;
   assign e = d | e;

   // * end module declaration
endmodule // a

If I run org-cycle on headline "ports" I get this:

// * module declaration
module a (
          // * ports  // * end module declaration
endmodule // a

Instead of this:

// * module declaration
module a (
          // * ports
          // * end module declaration
endmodule // a

Likewise, collapsing "inputs" gives this:

// * module declaration
module a (
          // * ports
          // ** inputs // ** outputs
          output d,
          output e
          );

   // module code
   assign d = b & c;
   assign e = d | e;

   // * end module declaration
endmodule // a

Not this:

// * module declaration
module a (
          // * ports
          // ** inputs ...
          // ** outputs
          output d,
          output e
          );

   // module code
   assign d = b & c;
   assign e = d | e;

   // * end module declaration
endmodule // a

What's going on?  There's some confusion about the headline level being based
on
the indent and the number of stars.

I'm so close, but need help figuring out this last problem.

Thanks,

 David