Re: [O] Tweaking the export

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Tweaking the export
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:03:28 +0100

Hi all,

Jambunathan K wrote:
> Nicolas
>
> I will let Christian answer for himself.
>
>> [Nicolas]
>> While I understand the shape of your input, I fail to see what you
>> output should you look like. For example, given the following paragraph,
>>
>> text A       text A'
>> line 2       line 2 bis
>> A line with *emphasis*       A traduced line with *emphasis*
>>

>>> [Christian]
>>> I need to separate these two parts in separate texts; the stuff to the
>>> left of the <tab> has to go into one file, the stuff to the right to
>>> some other file,
>
>>> while at the same time merging the chunks of texts
>>> into paragraphs.
>
> If I interpret the above lines, I imagine his request more along the
> following lines:
>
> text A text A'
> line 2 line 2
>
> My name is Jambunathan. I live        Mon nom est Jambunathan. Je vis
> in India. ....................        en India.......................
>
> He wants the "English column" to be collected in to an English file and
> the "French column" to be collected in to a French file.
>
> It is possible that "English column" constitutes a poem and the "French
> column" is a line-by-line translation of the column to the left.
>
> In some sense, he wants to tangle the "English column", let's say as
> verse_en.org and "French column" to verse_fr.org and later include them
> as a table cell or a column of a 2-C section.
>
> Notionally something like:
> |------------------------+-----------------------|
> |#+INCLUDE: verse_en.org |#+INCLUDE: verse_fr.org|
> |------------------------+-----------------------|
>
> Put another way, collect Column-X in to Paragraph-X and do whatver.
>
> ps: French translation is courtesy google.

Just a side comment: isn't easier to work in 2 different files or buffers
(eventually, within the same file) and use some sort of "parallel"
follow-mode?  I thought such a thing existed, but can't find it back right
now.

Anyway, it would be quite easy to implement: it's more or less implementing
C-v/M-v so that it's done in two parallel buffers at the same time, instead of
just in one!?

Best regards,
  Seb

--