[O] Google Tasks Integration

From: Patrick Brennan
Subject: [O] Google Tasks Integration
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:33:03 -0800

This weekend, while trying to avoid doing any real work, I started noodling around with the Google Tasks API and I got a respectable distance toward a script which will read your Google Tasks and export them to Org-mode. Currently it will capture the task title, the notes, the todo status (TODO or DONE) and the hierarchy, i.e. child tasks will be correctly placed under their parents. There's still a lot of polish to apply, and of course, there is no bidirectional capability as yet. Still, I wanted to send out this notice in case anyone wanted to compare notes or thought it might be an interesting application to share. The mobile apps for Google Tasks are quite good, and if I can get a really good export going, I think this will actually provide a plausible alternative workflow to the existing MobileOrg flow.

Patrick