[O] Org without X on Debian

From: Karl
Subject: [O] Org without X on Debian
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:42:27 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Org-mode users,

I want to use a small netbook exclusively for Org-mode.
That's why I think I do not need X.  I set up
a minimal Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze with Emacs 23.2.1
and the latest Org-mode version (7.8.03).
But then I recognized that some key combinations don't work.
For example:

- Meta-arrow keys to not demote and promote headings
- Shift-arrow keys cannot select a date in the calendar when
  I want to add a date, e.g. with C-c C-s.
- Shift-TAB don't work
- Shift-arrow keys do not change TODO state
- (certainly more key combinations)

Does anybody use Org in a non-graphical environment?
Is it possible to make the (all) keys work?

Thanks!
Karl