Re: [O] How do teachers use org-mode

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] How do teachers use org-mode
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 09:04:36 +0100

On 1 Feb 2012, at 5:10, Venkatesh Choppella wrote:

I am interested to  hear from others who have used org-mode as part of
their teaching activities.

I've only very recently started using org-mode, including for teaching an OCaml class (OCaml is a programming language). I'm re-using some old beamer slides but for the new ones I'm exporting an org-mode file to beamer, and I found it works great. I want to use org-mode for the other tasks, including porting the old slides, but first I need to figure out how to make minted work (the worg tutorial does not work with current org-mode version). My goal is to have code examples generate their output, and for labs to tangle solutions to exercises from the same file as the assignment.

Alan