Re: [O] TaskJuggler 3.1 export (tj3)

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] TaskJuggler 3.1 export (tj3)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 07:46:39 -0600

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 6:25 AM, d.tchin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug <at> gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> 1) does the taskjuggler export work with tj3 (version 3.1.0) (John
>> Hendy says it doesn't ("taskjuggler (tj3) export issues and
>> proposals"), but there are patches which should have made it work
>> (e.g. Christian Egli, "small edits to org-taskjuggler.el for tj3").
>> So: what is the actual status?
>>

> I put here the link where you can see the change.
> Indeed it works with the change proposed by this patch.
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/40550

I just tried to apply that patch and get:
---
$ patch -p1 < ../tj3.patch
patching file org-taskjuggler.el
patch: **** malformed patch at line 9: completed, chart
---

Not sure what's wrong.

Even so, see my most recent thread
(http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg51502.html).
Even if that patch works, it's not a viable solution. It sets a
"default" value, but this is really *the* value as in there's no way
to override it from the file. If you want a different export format,
you have to edit your emacs config. The variable should be called
'org-taskjuggler-export-report'. I think the ability to include a .tji
file is the way to go. Write your report definition, add =include
"reports.tji"= to the exporter and you're all set.

John