Re: [O] TaskJuggler 3.1 export (tj3)

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] TaskJuggler 3.1 export (tj3)
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 16:22:02 +0100

Hi Rainer

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to use the export to taskjuggler, but somehow I don't get
> it working - might be me or the fact that I have taskjuggler 3.1.0.
>
> I am trying the example on
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-taskjuggler.html
>
> but I somehow don't get it to work.

Export to a file which can be consumed by tj3 should work. Opening the
exported file with tj2 silently fails if you do not have tj2 installed.
What exactly isn't working?

> My questions are:
>
> 1) does the taskjuggler export work with tj3 (version 3.1.0) (John
> Hendy says it doesn't ("taskjuggler (tj3) export issues and
> proposals"), but there are patches which should have made it work
> (e.g. Christian Egli, "small edits to org-taskjuggler.el for tj3").
> So: what is the actual status?

As I said, export to tj3 should work. See also my resonse to John Hendy.

> 2) does the example (url above) work for tj3?

The example file should work. Set org-export-taskjuggler-target-version
to 3 and set the org-export-taskjuggler-default-reports to something
that tj3 understands. Export to tj3 should be done using C-c C-e j
(org-export-taskjuggler), as C-c C-e J silently fails if you don't have
TaskJugglerUI (aka tj2.4) installed. On the resulting tjp file run tj3
and open the result in a browser.

> 3) if no, could somebody provide a simple example org file which works
> with tj3?

The example file works if I follow the steps above. Let me know if you
have any problems.

Thanks
Christian

--