Re: [O] OT: taskjuggler question [was: Re: taskjuggler (tj3) export issu

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] OT: taskjuggler question [was: Re: taskjuggler (tj3) export issues and proposals]
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 10:22:18 -0600

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> I hope you'll excuse the off-topic noob question: I (think I) installed
> tj3.1 per the official instructions. I get
>
> $ tj3 --version
> TaskJuggler v3.1.0 - A Project Management Software
>
> I can export the example org file that Christian sent out to a tjp,
> process it to Plan.html from the command line and the html file looks OK
> afaict, so the basics seem to be in place.

Did you tweak =org-export-taskjuggler-default-reports= variable? What
report definition exists in your resultant .tjp? Mine fails with the
default setting in org-taskjuggler.el.

> But I have no TaskJugglerUI
> executable, which seems to be what the exporter tries to call for
> export-and-open (C-c C-e J): what am I missing?

Nothing wrong. There currently is no UI for tj3. The original org
exporter was designed for 2.4.3 which did have a UI. The new workflow
(unless they come up with a new UI) is:

org -> C-e j -> tj3 file.tjp -> view output report

Best regards,
John