[O] [babel] Is there an elisp-way to see the header-arguments, that are

From: Marc-Oliver Ihm
Subject: [O] [babel] Is there an elisp-way to see the header-arguments, that are passed to a #+call-line ?
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 10:13:38 +0100

Hi again,

is there an elisp-way to see the header-arguments, that are passed to a
#+call-line ?

(This relates to my previous question "[babel] #+call-line removes hlines and
headings ?", but has
 shifted in subject, so I would like to start a new thread, which can be
understood on its own ...)

I have tried the internal variable "params", but that only gives me the
header-arguments
of the #+begin_src-block and NOT of the #+call-line.

This is illustrated in the example below:

#+call: parameters() :colnames yes

#+results: parameters()
| :colname-names | nil              |
|----------------+------------------|
| :rowname-names | nil              |
| :result-params | (silent replace) |
| :result-type   | value            |
| :comments      |                  |
| :shebang       |                  |
| :cache         | no               |
| :padline       |                  |
| :noweb         | no               |
| :tangle        | no               |
| :exports       | code             |
| :results       | silent           |
| :session       | none             |
| :padnewline    | yes              |
| :hlines        | yes              |
| :colnames      | no               |
| :result-type   | value            |
| :result-params | (replace)        |
| :rowname-names | nil              |
| :colname-names | nil              |

#+name: parameters
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(mapcar (lambda (x) (list (car x) (cdr x))) params)
#+end_src

#+results: parameters
| :colname-names | nil       |
| :rowname-names | nil       |
| :result-params | (replace) |
| :result-type   | value     |
| :comments      |           |
| :shebang       |           |
| :cache         | no        |
| :padline       |           |
| :noweb         | no        |
| :tangle        | no        |
| :exports       | code      |
| :results       | replace   |
| :colnames      | no        |
| :hlines        | yes       |
| :padnewline    | yes       |
| :session       | none      |

The #+call line calls a #+begin_src-block named "parameters", which simple
dumps the
content of the params-variable, which contains all the header arguments.

If I pass ":colnames yes" as a header argument, I nevertheless get dumped "no"
in the example !
This is probably because the #+begin_src-block only has only access to its
own header-arguments (via the variable "params").

Therefore my question:

Is there any way to access the header-arguments of the #+call-line within the
#+begin_src-block ?
Maybe with the "params" variable or maybe any other way ?

The reason I need to know this: The value of the header-argument ":colnames" of
the #+call-line
governs, whether the #+begin_src-block is expected to return a table with or
without column-names;
so to react accordingly (and not surprise users) I need to know within the
#+begin_src-block
the value of the ":colnames" header-argument from the #+call-line.

Thanx a lot !

with kind regards, Marc-Oliver Ihm

P.s.: Possible solutions I can think of:
- Access the variable "params" not from the local scope but from the outer
scope, however
  I do not know, if elisp allows this.
- Pass the header-arguments of the #+call-line to the #+begin_src-block, but
this would probably
  require a patch to babel.
- Something even more elegant I just cannot figure out :-)