Re: [O] [beamer] Italic in overlay text

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [beamer] Italic in overlay text
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 11:17:09 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>> When trying to have italic text inside some paragraph that must only be
>> displayed in some overlays, the text inside `/' is not converted into
>> italic.
>
> This does seem to highlight a bug in the exporter. I cannot help you
> directly with that.

I will try with Nicolas' new exporter to see if that's the same or not.

> However, I can suggest a more org-appropriate approach: lists understand
> <1-2> type of syntax so you can change your input file to something like the
> attached. More concise and easier to read...

You're absolutely right on the clarity level. Thanks for this workaround.

> - <1-2> On overlay 1 and 2
>
>   /This quoted text should be in italic./
>
>   #+LaTeX: \textit{
>   This is in italic, but only in PDF LaTeX, because of the workaround.
>   #+LaTeX: }
>
> - Always there
>
> - <3-> Idem

However, it does not work in the intended way: here, the text which has to
appear on the 2 first slides is simply made transparent on the 3^rd... It
still occupies its place.

I used `only' so that the text would be dropped, as (in my practice example,
not in this ECM) there is not enough space for showing the 3 bullets at the
same time.

I've tried the above within multiple different themes (Antibes, Bergen,
Madrid, ...) but that does not change anything: the space of the 1^st bullet
is still there, not reusable for the last 2 bullets.

Is this due to some configurable parameter?  Is there a way to make the above
Org writing behave as `only' (versus `uncover')?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban