Re: [O] Temp files from testing are permanent...

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Temp files from testing are permanent...
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:47:50 +0100

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
> Barring any setup or options I might have missed, it looks like I will
> have to do two things: first, set TMPDIR to a newly created directory
> during the test runs and second, remove that directory after the test
> (with an option to keep it for inspection and removing only with
> "clean").

Done and pushed to my Makefile fork on repo.or.cz.

Temporary test files automatically vaporize when the test suite
successfully runs and are left for inspection otherwise.  If you need to
keep them regardless of the test result, define TEST_NO_AUTOCLEAN
non-empty.  A new target cleantest can be used to remove the temporary
test directory and all its content whenever necessary, this is also done
when doing a "cleanall".  The location of the temporary test directory
follows $TMPDIR and can be overriden in local.mk via variable testdir.
TMPDIR, if not already present in the environment, will default to /tmp,
which incidentally should resolve a bug in my tricky build environment
at work.

Regards,
Achim.