Re: [O] sqlite3 in org-babel

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] sqlite3 in org-babel
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:31:30 -0700

Daniel Clemente <address@hidden> writes:

>> Have you tried using a sqlite code block?  See ob-sqlite.el
>
>   I didn't notice there were both ob-sql and ob-sqlite. It would be
>   useful to mention sqlite inside ob-sql.

Done.

>   Perhaps they should be united?

I believe there were reasons for keeping them separate.  I'd rather not
combine them without a full overview of both code files.

>   I still prefer ob-sql for sqlite because it lets me pass the
> parameter ":init /dev/null". That makes it NOT load my ~/.sqliterc
> (where I have a very verbose ".tables"). ob-sqlite does not have
> ":init" and therefore always stuffs that output into the results.
>

>From looking at the man page of sqlite, it seems you can do the same
with ob-sqlite.  Simply pass "--init /dev/null" to the sqlite command.
This could be done e.g. with something like

  (org-babel-sqlite3-command "sqlite3 --init /dev/null")

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/