Re: [O] [dev] Implement "ref" link types

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] [dev] Implement "ref" link types
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:41:11 -0700

I think it's a good idea, and would suggest this:

  * If it is not going to have features added, then [[ref:asdf]] is OK
  * If it /is/ going to have features added, then I recommend ES/US

ES/US is extensible syntax / universal syntax, a specific proposal for
an orthogonal and future-proof syntax for new capabilities like this.

For example, you might want to put the target anywhere, not just where
there are elements.  The ID marker idea implements this with ES/US.
In this case, we'd simply allow element names in addition with the
same source syntax.

Of course, you might decide that nobody will ever want to add new
syntax to those links, in which case a simple new link type would make
sense.

Samuel