Re: [O] org-mode code / verbatim delimiters don't work with quotation ma

From: Leo Alekseyev
Subject: Re: [O] org-mode code / verbatim delimiters don't work with quotation marks
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:47:19 -0500

Null character /sort of/ works: it makes org-mode insert the code
delimiters on export, but the presence of null characters breaks
export down the road, at least in my case.  This time, I could
intercept the exported text and remove the null characters by hand,
but it might not always be the case.

What org really needs is a stronger verbatim quoting construct.  In a
lot of cases, you just want your text to be displayed verbatim, with
no interpretation, period.  Near as I can see, there's nothing in org
that can currently do this -- please correct me if I'm wrong.  For
instance, things like =[[foo]]= should _not_ undergo further parsing /
be interpreted as links.  Same goes for quotes, or virtually anything.
 = signs should be allowed provided they are escaped in the usual
manner (=\==).  The current behavior is very unsatisfactory.