Re: [O] [BUG?] subtle sequencing error when setting org-bbdb-old in org-

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG?] subtle sequencing error when setting org-bbdb-old in org-bbdb.el
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:44:01 -0500

David Maus <address@hidden> wrote:

> > The problem was that org-bbdb is part of org-modules by default and that
> > was loading org-bbdb way too early, certainly before bbdb itself was
> > loaded.  That would set the value to nil and nothing I would do could
> > change it (short of whacking it with a setq).
>
> I pushed a patch that should fix this problem. I wrapped a
> `eval-after-load' around the `defvar', this should make sure that the
> variable is set after bbdb was loaded.

Thanks! I'll try to take it out for a spin in the next few days.

> > Re: the bbdb 3.0 troubles. I have tried switching to bbdb 3.0
> > (specifically "BBDB version 3.02 ($Date: 2012/01/02 10:08:06 $)") but
> > I've been stymied so far with org-bbdb-anniversaries blowing up (a far
> > worse scenario than the link problem above - that's why I'm still using
> > 2.36devo and went after the link fix first).
> >
> > The error I get is "Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function
> > bbdb-record-getprop)" in org-bbdb-anniv-hash (see backtrace below),
> > but I haven't chased down that problem yet. But it seems there are
> > people using bbdb 3.0 so I'm wondering what's wrong with my setup.
>
> Can't comment on this.

Understood. I hope to get bbdb-3.x up and running and then see what (if
anything) is broken with org-bbdb, but at this point, it's just as likely
that I'm doing something wrong - I just haven't had the time to dig into it
seriously.

Nick