Re: [O] Is it possible to refer to section numbers in links?

From: Martin Gürtler
Subject: Re: [O] Is it possible to refer to section numbers in links?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 21:17:24 +0100

Am Mittwoch, den 29.02.2012, 23:26 +0530 schrieb Jambunathan K:
> Martin Gürtler <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wonder whether there is an easy way to refer to section numbers in ODT
> > export. TOCs including these numbers can be produced automatically
> > during export. Does anybody have an idea how one could access that
> > information inside the org file?
>
> What you ask for, is currently not possible. It is easily doable
> though. I will add your request to my TODO list. I will let you know
> once I am done with it.
>
> For the sake of clarity and for my own later reference, does the
> attached Org file/ODT file capture what you want? One of the links in
> the ODT file is hand-edited with LibreOffice for the sake of
> illustration.
Yes. I think of

As explained in Sec. [[*some_chapter]] it is highly desirable to be able
to refer to section numbers.

resulting in

As explained in Sec. 2.1.3. it is highly desirable to be able to refer
to section numbers.

Probably we need some option that tells the exporter to export section
numbers for description-less links referring to org-mode headlines.
I could also imagine  the word "Sec." to trigger the insertion of a
section number, but then the thing becomes language dependent.

Thanks,

Martin