Re: [O] Org appt notifications with Growl (OSX)

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] Org appt notifications with Growl (OSX)
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:20:08 -0600

Oh crap! I tried a google search but it didn't brought any results. I did not remember. I'm sorry about that.

I will check it out, thanks!

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Shine Zhong <address@hidden> wrote:
There is a good tool integrate with Growl, "todochiku"
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ToDoChiKu

Here is the section of my .emacs
---
;; begin todochiku, enable the growlnotify
(load-file "~/.emacs.d/plugins/todochiku.el")
(setq todochiku-icons-directory "~/Downloads/todochiku-icons")
;; end todochiku

;; begin: orgmode + appt
; For org appointment reminders
;; Get appointments for today
(defun my-org-agenda-to-appt ()
  (interactive)
  (setq appt-time-msg-list nil)
  (org-agenda-to-appt))

;; Run once, activate and schedule refresh
(my-org-agenda-to-appt)
(appt-activate t)
(run-at-time "24:01" nil 'my-org-agenda-to-appt)

; Update appt each time agenda opened.
(add-hook 'org-finalize-agenda-hook 'my-org-agenda-to-appt)
;; end:   orgmode + appt
---

Regards,
Shine

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> What is the best way to setup notifications to work with Growl for orgmode? I know org can work with
> emacs Appt system, but is anyone currently using it with Growl for notifications?
>
> If you could point me to the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Somebody asked the same question back in 2010:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/27530

Oh, wait - it was you :-)

There were a few replies back then: have you tried those
suggestions?

Nick