Re: [O] Participating in Google Summer of Code 2012

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Participating in Google Summer of Code 2012
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:56:14 -0700

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> "Git merge tool for Org files"
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-08/msg00601.html

Interesting, along these lines, I know git is able to use custom diffs
(e.g., there exist sentence rather than line-based diffs for writing
prose).  I wonder if an outline diff would be useful, so that
re-ordering subtrees in an Org-mode file was represented as a single
operation rather than many un-related deletions and insertions.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/