Re: [O] Archiving only with confirmation

From: Marc-Oliver Ihm
Subject: Re: [O] Archiving only with confirmation
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 19:14:49 +0100

Am 03.03.2012 16:54, schrieb Markus Grebenstein:
Dear List,

from time to time I involuntarily archive parts of my thesis when I want to
save (it happens
when I mess up the saving keys). Since I recognized this a couple of days or
even weeks later
this makes recovering complicated.

Therefore I would love to have the possibility to be asked whether I really
want to do that. I
used org-archive-subtree-default-with-confirmation but I did not get what the
meaning of that
one is. When I use that command I am sure that I want to archive and as far as
I see it does not
change the default behavior.

Does anybody have an idea how to achieve what I want?
Thanks in advance,

Markus

Hi Markus,

Maybe

        M-x disable-command

could help.

It will ask you for the command you would like to disable (in your case probably "org-archive-subtree")
and modify your .emacs accordingly.

You could reach the same effect by putting:

        (put 'org-archive-subtree 'disabled t)

in your initialization-file (if it is not .emacs).

I think I will try this too, because I remember some occasions,
that I have used it accidentially like you ...

with kind regards, Marc