Re: [O] what's wrong with this sbe?

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] what's wrong with this sbe?
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:09:48 +0000

>> On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 07:34:49 -0700, Eric Schulte said:

  > Myles English <address@hidden> writes:
  >> Hi,
  >>
  >> Please could tell me where I am going wrong with this?  I just
  >> can't get the source block to put a result in the table.
  [etc]

  > Hi Miles,

  > To force the value of "236:30:00" to be interpreted as a string
  > (rather than have sbe try to convert it to a number prefix the
  > reference with a "$" character).  However even doing this your
  > example exposed a bug in this sbe functionality to which I've just
  > pushed up a fix.  With the latest version of Org-mode the attached
  > works as expected.

  > #+name: workingDays #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var hms="0" (require
  > 'org-timer) (/ (org-timer-hms-to-secs hms) (* 60 60 8)) #+END_SRC

  > Note the variable reference is prefixed with a "$" to ensure that it
  > is interpreted as a string.  See the `sbe' documentation for full
  > `sbe' usage information.

  > -- Eric Schulte http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/

Thanks Eryk that solves the problem!  I actually did try with an extra
"$" but it didn't work so I assumed that I had misunderstood the
documentation.  Reading the documentation again, I think it could be
improved, perhaps

#+begin_quote
to force interpretation of a cell's value as a string, prefix the
identifier with two "$"s rather than a single "$"
#+end_quote

instead of

#+begin_quote
to force interpretation of a cell's value as a string, prefix the
identifier with another "$", (e.g. @2$2 becomes address@hidden)
#+end_quote

Thanks again,

Myles