Re: [O] Bug: 3 bugs and 2 proposals on ascii/html export [7.8.03]

From: Mathias Bauer
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: 3 bugs and 2 proposals on ascii/html export [7.8.03]
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 04:24:33 +0100

Hi Bastien,

* Bastien wrote on 2012-03-09 at 03:09 (+0100):

> Mathias Bauer <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Thanks for this report -- next time, please consider sending
> one mail per bug/request, it makes issues easier to track.

ok, I'll do so - even for small bugs.  Promised :-)

> > Headlines without tags are underlined in a wrong manner.
> > It's one character too long.
>
> It's a matter of taste.  I like this additionnal character and
> I think Carsten added it intentionally.

Hm, yes it is.  I just wondered because the strings of the title
and the toc headline have a different underlining.

> > ----------snip----------
> > <h2>...Some section with TAG at the end &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span
> > class="tag"><span class="some_tag">some_tag...
> > ----------snip----------
> >
> > Isn't a single space enough for separating the heading's text
> > and the tag?  Beside their number, the additional three (why
> > not five or n?) "&nbsp;" seem a little bit freaky to me...
>
> They _are_ freaky :)  But they are also needed.
>
> Even if the tags display is taken care of by the CSS, we must
> prevent collapsing the tags with the previous strings in case
> the CSS is not available -- just think of what the HTML page
> should look like with w3m/lynx.

Thanks for your explanation.  I completely missed text based
browsers.  And ordinary spaces are _really_ not enough for them?
Concerning CSS I'm digging into the docs ... but tomorrow :-)

Regards,
Mathias