Re: [O] org tables

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] org tables
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:06:59 -0600

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Peter Salazar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Is there a way to get org to wrap text within a table cell? I want to be
> able to enter long text entries into cells without expanding column width.
>
> Also, is there a way to merge cells—say, three cells vertically?

I don't think you can do this via org. Whenever I have tables of any
complexity, I end up doing them manually with tabular inside a
#+begin_latex section. If you find a solution, I'd love to hear it!
Perhaps there's a quicker way of using org-table placeholders and then
doing some quick tweak to the .tex file generated rather than me doing
the whole thing in LaTeX.

Good luck,
John