Re: [O] Bug: 3 bugs and 2 proposals on ascii/html export [7.8.03]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: 3 bugs and 2 proposals on ascii/html export [7.8.03]
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 05:57:41 +0100

On 9.3.2012, at 11:12, Sebastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi Bastien and Mathias,
>
> Bastien wrote:
>>> As default, all level 1 headlines are underlined by - characters and level
>>> 2 headlines with =. Wouldn't it be more logical the other way round: the
>>> lower the level, the more important the headline and hence the "bigger" its
>>> underlining? (Of course the user can change the variable
>>> org-export-ascii-underline.)
>>
>> Unless many users think this is illogical, I won't change the default.
>
> To be honest, fixing this was on my (huge) todo list: I've always found it
> disturbing to have more imposing level-2 titles than the level-1 titles.
>
> For me, it makes a lot of sense to invert both, as Mathias is suggesting it.

For what it is worth, I do agree that this looks wrong now and changing
it would make it better.  I do not remember why I chose the sequence
that we have now.  Looking at it now, I would also insert ....... after
^^^^^^, and hope that ##### and $$$$$ never get any use :)

Also I do not remember to consciously make the underlining one
character too long.... but I also agree with Bastien that it
does not look bad.  Maybe another variable.....

- Carsten