Re: [O] ob-lilypond open pdf and midi asynchroniously

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] ob-lilypond open pdf and midi asynchroniously
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 15:21:53 +0000

Hi Ezequiel

> Ezequiel Birman <address@hidden> writes:
> Is there a reason to not append "&" to shell-command's args? I get
> disconnected from ERC/Bitlbee each time I peek at the score too long.

Apologies for my delayed response - I've been rather busy.

I've pushed a patch to the list to make auditioning of pdf and midi
asynchronous processes. You can either wait to see if the patch makes it
to git, or apply the patch yourself (git am).

Hopefully this will alleviate your problems with ERC!

Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm hoping to introduce remote compiling of Lilypond to help alleviate
the wait time felt when compiling Lilypond (slow but pretty)!

I'm using a similar technique for parallel testing of embedded C,
document generation, and building (using ZeroMQ).

Best, Martyn