Re: [O] I'm tripping over #+BABEL: vs. #+PROPERTY:

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] I'm tripping over #+BABEL: vs. #+PROPERTY:
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 16:15:05 +0100

Hi Nick and Eric,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Did you press C-c C-c on each property line after it was written?
>
> Just to clarify: do I really have to C-c C-c on each line? If I add a
> bunch of them and then do C-c C-c on one of them, shouldn't that be
> enough to refresh the setup?

I got no reaction on my idea of "automagic C-c C-c" (on 2012-03-04 Sun, see
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg52739.html):

    The "automagic C-c C-c" should be NOT[1] done after each key press or some
    such. That certainly would be a killer feature, in its real acception:
    performance would be unbearable.

    In my mind, automatically (re-)parsing the meta options should be each time
    the user presses `C-c C-v C-e' (eval code blocks); that is, when the user
    expects his options to be taken into account.

Does it make sense?

Best regards,
  Seb

Footnotes:

[1] This word was missing (in the original post)!

--
Sebastien Vauban