[O] Mail composed using emacs --- saving a copy in an org file.

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [O] Mail composed using emacs --- saving a copy in an org file.
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:24:22 -0700

I am partial to just opening a mail buffer and writing email in Emacs.  Just that.  However, it would be great to save a copy in an org file.

An emacs FAQ suggests sending a BCC or FCC to oneself.  What I want is a copy stored in an org-mode subtree, with a convenient headline indicating the name of the recipient and the date.

So far, I haven't gotten my head around the idea of using BABEL, and I still like text for email.     My experiments with GNUS have not been very successful.  So far.

I apologize for the naive level of this and some of my other questions.  Though I may not be getting the maximum usefulness of all of org-mode's features, those features I do use are awesome.   Thank you.

Alan Davis