Re: [O] About org-babel menu

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] About org-babel menu
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:41:17 +0100

On 19/03/12 15:22, Eric Schulte wrote:
> Hi FengShu,
>
> I don't know much about the Emacs customization interface, but it is
> certainly the solution to
> this issue.  There does currently exist a Babel specific customization group,
> the nesting is
> org>babel.  Through this interface there are menus like the one you mention
> below available.
>
> One way to access these menus is through the help interface, with M-x
> describe-variable RET
> org-babel-load-languages RET and then select the "customize" link.

Agreed on this point, but I am with FengShu regarding a babel menu. I likely
would not use it that
often (I know the shortcuts relevant to me right now), but

1) it would advertise the babel functionality a little bit more if it is shown
in the org menu

2) for a beginner, it would be much easier to use org-babel if commands like
execute source block
or section, tangle, un-tangle, ... would be in the menu.

So I would see it as a useful way of promoting babel (and therefore org-mode)
and also as a nice
reminder of less frequently (but nevertheless usefull) functionality.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Best,
>
> FengShu <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi: Could we add  some org-babel menu items ,so using them we can enable and
>> disable the
>> computer languages ?
>>
>> for example: #+begin_example org => org-babel =>  * emacs-lisp sh * R ... *
>> screen
>>
>> #+end_example

- --
UCT), Dipl. Phys.