Re: [O] About org-babel menu

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] About org-babel menu
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:03:53 -0400

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:41, Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 19/03/12 15:22, Eric Schulte wrote:
>> Hi FengShu,
>>
>> I don't know much about the Emacs customization interface, but it is
>> certainly the solution to
>> this issue.  There does currently exist a Babel specific customization
>> group, the nesting is
>> org>babel.  Through this interface there are menus like the one you mention
>> below available.
>>
>> One way to access these menus is through the help interface, with M-x
>> describe-variable RET
>> org-babel-load-languages RET and then select the "customize" link.
>
> Agreed on this point, but I am with FengShu regarding a babel menu. I likely
> would not use it that
> often (I know the shortcuts relevant to me right now), but
>
> 1) it would advertise the babel functionality a little bit more if it is
> shown in the org menu
>
> 2) for a beginner, it would be much easier to use org-babel if commands like
> execute source block
> or section, tangle, un-tangle, ... would be in the menu.

That would be useful, however I believe what FengShu means is a
sub-menu specifically with a list of all the org-babel languages,
where you can see which are active at the moment.  I'm not sure how
you could deactivate them once they are active however since the
libraries would be loaded, however you could use that menu as a way to
keep track of which languages require confirmation on code blocks and
which will be evaluated without prompting.