Re: [O] AUCTeX conflicting with org-mode

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] AUCTeX conflicting with org-mode
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 09:21:58 +0100

Hi Yagnesh,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 07:01, Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Bastien and Suvayu,
>
> suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:
>>
> [snipped 35 lines]
>>
>> 1. Leave the bug unsolved, hoping there will be a cleaner solution
>>    later. After all, there is a very simple workaround on the user side,
>>    do (load "tex.el") before using org-latex.
>
> how about this patch (to hotfix branch).

I tested it, the problem is still there. I don't think you can put
arbitrary code within a let* bind and expect to retain the effect in
the main body.

The only possible solution I can see seems to be ensuring tex.el is
loaded properly. More importantly though, if more users cannot
replicate this bug this might as well be a detail specific to how the
AUCTeX site files behave in my setup (I use AUCTeX from the Fedora
repositories). Not sure if that is something org should handle.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu