Re: [O] meaning of body-only in org-export-as-html

From: Myles English
Subject: Re: [O] meaning of body-only in org-export-as-html
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:51:29 +0000

Hi Chris,

>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:33:22 -0600, Chris Gray said:

  > Hello, I am using org-export-as-html with the body-only parameter
  > set to t in the org plugin for ikiwiki that I'm working on.  It
  > works almost perfectly, but I recently had a user point out that
  > it's not possible to get a table of contents, even when one is
  > explicitly asked for in the #+OPTIONS line of the org file.

  > Since the table of contents is part of the body (at least in the
  > sense that it is between the <body> tags), I found this surprising.
  > So would it cause problems to change the line

  > (if (and org-export-with-toc (not body-only)) ...)

  > (if org-export-with-toc ...)

  > in org-export-as-html?

I see one problem in that it would be then be inconsistent with
org-export-as-ascii which considers the TOC to be part of the header.  I
would like to be able to export just the TOC (as ascii, and I understand
a new ascii exporter has been written lately).  The same thing for the
html exporter would presumably solve your problem too because then you
could export TOC+body (as html)?

  > Cheers, Chris

Myles