Re: [O] GSoC 2012 -- Elisp backend for Ragel

From: Aurélien Aptel
Subject: Re: [O] GSoC 2012 -- Elisp backend for Ragel
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 12:06:04 +0200

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Rustom Mody <address@hidden> wrote:
> FYI, there is already an elisp Org parser being worked on in development
> branch of Org mode. It isn't finished yet, but still advanced enough so
> a generic exporter could be built upon it.

> Is there any interest in ignoring it and restart all the work from
> scratch?
>
> Yes I agree, no point redoing work unnecessarily.  Maybe the optimal
> solution would be for Aurélien to work with Nicolas and Adrian to minimize
> useless rework?

Regardless of the org-mode parser, I think I should work on the elisp
backend for ragel which is something that can benefit any elisp
project.
As for the new org-mode parser, I could not find it on the repo. Could
you point me to the relevant files?
Is it still hand written? If so, I think it's ultimately a bad idea
and it should be rewritten using ragel.