Re: [O] [OT] Issue with exported html on webserver

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] Issue with exported html on webserver
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:48:45 -0400

suvayu ali <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 23:25, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > The server seems misconfigured to me: why is PHP entering into the
> > picture at all?
>
> Christian's response resolved the issue. The page he pointed to, says
> this happens when the "short_open_tag" server configuration is not
> turned off. I will take this up with our IT department.

Yes, I went to the link that Christian posted. I was particularly
confused/intrigued/flabbergasted by the admin's response:

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
        on 000webhost, all web pages are interpreted as php pages and
        short_open_tag is off and that is the reason the propose
        solution works on 000webhost.
#+END_QUOTE

Why on earth would anybody set it up so that "all web pages are
interpreted as php pages"? Seems crazy to me, but I'm probably
naive.

Nick