Re: [O] Plotting (with gnuplot) using dates timestamps

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: Re: [O] Plotting (with gnuplot) using dates timestamps
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:00:21 -0400

On 03/26/2012 09:37 AM, Alan Schmitt wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to plot the following table, but the dates part is all wrong. Is
there a way to tell gnuplot what the date format is?

I've found gnuplot's date support to be torment.

You might want to investigate using R for these tasks: R understands what a date is at a fundamental level, and doesn't give you any crap about it.

Better still, once you climb over the activation energy of changing graphing idioms, a huge vista of new capabilities are open to you.

- Allen S. Rout