Re: [O] Problems with (defvar foo) and Emacs 23

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Problems with (defvar foo) and Emacs 23
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 23:18:10 +0200

Bastien writes:
> Well -- I'll be pretty busy next week, so hopefully we can fix this
> soon...  any help welcome!  :)

Ditto, but you do realize this will be horribly broken in Emacs 24?

Anyway, for that single dynamic "state" variable: it is let-bound in
org.el/org-todo and then dynamically scoped in many, many places:

contrib/lisp/{org-{checklist,choose},org2rem}.el

/lisp/{org-{agenda,clock,icalendar,mouse,taskjuggler},org}.el

So the correct prefixed name should probably be org-todo-state (there
are other such "state"s in other places, don't know yet if they are also
dynamically scoped into other functions).  You need to also keep track
of which functions use "state" as a formal parameter name, since these
shadow the dynamic variable from the outside, but provide another
"state" for calls on the insideā€¦

Haven't yet checked any of the other definitions that had their name
changed, gotta fetch some sleep before work.

HTH,
Achim.