Re: [O] Using '?' as a todo keyword?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Using '?' as a todo keyword?
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 16:22:00 -0400

Filippo A. Salustri <address@hidden> wrote:

> Maybe I'm just being a little compulsive, but all my states are 1
> character long cuz that's all I really need to distinguish states
> (plus a little colour), and it frees up more of a line for the actual
> task.

OK - thanks. To each his/her own, I guess. I use long, mnemonic keywords
because I hate going back after six months and having to dig out the
meaning of some obscure reference out of the rubble of my
memory[fn:1]. org is one way to extend my memory so that by spending a
few seconds now, I don't have to waste frustrating minutes or hours in
the future. I also use big screens (256 columns or even bigger
sometimes), so screen real estate is not a consideration for me.

Nick

PS. One habit that I cannot break is writing down a telephone number
(particularly when listening to voice mail) without a name. Finding the
scrap of paper again after a few days is frustrating and yet I seem to
be unable to wean myself from the habit - calling the number to find out
who's on the other end has always seemed crass so I avoid it :-)

Footnotes:

[fn:1] Nowadays, the "six months" are more like "six weeks" or "six
days" and the older I get, the worse it gets...