Re: [O] food for thought re. git workflows

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: Re: [O] food for thought re. git workflows
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 14:40:02 +0900

Hello Nicholas,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> I thought this was an interesting read:
>
>   http://sandofsky.com/blog/git-workflow.html

Nice read, I thought cleaning up before merge is good indeed.

Suppose a beginner like me who want to contribute to a bigger projects like org,
wouldn't want put all his stupid, do/undo commits in the org main repository.

So cleaning up(rewriting history) of his own branch with good commit messages
and annotations would help maintainers to review the code. That also gives
more sane look for someone who is coming back to see the commits years later.

Thanks.,
--
YYR