Re: [O] Yearly repeats on the agenda

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: Re: [O] Yearly repeats on the agenda
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:00:33 +0200

On 17 April 2012 15:11, SW <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Your use case is better accomplished via org-anniversary:

>> > Emailing before first coffee is a bad idea. I left out some syntax. See
>> http://orgmode.org/manual/Weekly_002fdaily-agenda.html.
>
>> Thanks, didn't know about those, but that's exactly what I need. There is
>> *so*
>> much to org-mode and always another section to the manual ... :)
>
> FWIF 1: Anniversaries in the agenda don't have tags now. The tag I provided
> appears in the headline only and does not appear in the agenda. Adding :TAG:
> didn't solve this.
>
> FWIW 2: The CATEGORY example included in the link above resulted in the
> category
> appearing next to some other entries in the agenda as well. Replacing it with
> :CATEGORY: instead of #+CATEGORY: solved this.

I've not tagged any of my holidays and days of observance.

The #+CATEGORY issue will arise in other regards as well. It was a
first pass at changing categories within an org file before the
general category property mechanism was included. I don't recall if
"#+CATEGORY" has been deprecated, but I've treated it as such and been
much happier than when I was struggling with it.

Best,

Brian vdB