[O] Inverse matching with '/' in agenda view?

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] Inverse matching with '/' in agenda view?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:51:51 +0800

Maybe a useful feature request, if it hasn't already been proposed.

I just recently discovered '/' in the agenda view, but sometimes I would like
to use it to remove tags from a to do list, e.g.

/ (tab) -Docs

... to show everything in the to-do list that is not about writing
documentation. But as far as I can see, it treats "-Docs" as a literal string
to match exactly, so all the items are removed.

Currently, it seems my options are:

1. Use the standard todo-tags-match, which doesn't use my custom sorting and
block structure.

2. Or, define a new custom agenda command every time I want a different set of
tags. (Not so interactive.)

Any tips? Thanks!
James

--