Re: [O] Default show all archived entries for agenda

From: Mike McLean
Subject: Re: [O] Default show all archived entries for agenda
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:06:32 -0400

On Apr 23, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> How could I configure it so that the agenda always shows archived entries by
> default? It's a nice way to get a log of what I accomplished chronologically
> without having to keep a specific log file per se (work log, food log,
> whatever-log). I could always just use v A in the agenda filter, but I'd
> rather just make it the default if it's easy to do.

I have something similar to what you are looking for. I have a custom agenda
view that shows the clock check mode. The trick is the list of option settings
when defining the custom agenda view. (Do a describe-variable on
org-agenda-custom-commands).

Using this idea you could have several custom agenda views; a work-log that
selects on your work tag, sets archives mode, log mode, etc. and a second that
selects your food log tag and the same archives and log mode options, and so on
and so on.

HTH

        ("c" "Clock Review"
         (
          (agenda ""
                  (
                   (org-agenda-overriding-header "Clocking Review")
                   (org-agenda-archives-mode t)
                   (org-agenda-span 'day)
                   (org-agenda-show-log 'clockcheck)
                   (org-agenda-clockreport-mode t)))